Philanthropy in action
In the 2022/2023 academic year, our students needed more financial support from Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çthan ever before. We are grateful that:
- We were able to welcome 48 postgraduates thanks to Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çCollege scholarships
- 74 mature undergraduates received maintenance grants or bursaries
- Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çhelp 88 students to continue in their studies when faced with unexpected financial hardship
This vital support would not have been possible without the generous backing of our alumni and friends.
This year, two extremely generous Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çalumni funded our first fully-endowed College studentships, securing access to education and research at Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çin perpetuity. Further significant gifts this year have enabled us to partner with other University institutionsâ€“ Departments, Faculties, the Cambridge Trust â€“ to offer fully funded PhD studentships to our top postgraduate applicants. The value â€“ and impact â€“ of a donorâ€™s gift is routinely more than doubled in these partner-funding arrangements.
In every case, these awards â€“ whether small or large, to support academic or extracurricular activity â€“ enabled students to make the most of their Cambridge experience and had a significant positive impact on their wellbeing. The College is enormously grateful to everyone whose gifts allow us to support so many students in so many ways. Thank you!
Make a donation
Donations have transformed every aspect of life in the College, including:
- supporting students and researchers with multi-year funding packages
- awarding academic prizes and organised skills programmes like WolfWorks
- encouraging sporting excellence and diverse interest groups
- investing in new strategic projects like our interdisciplinary research hubs
- refurbishing facilities to be more green and energy efficient
Leave a legacy
Legacy gifts leave a lasting impact on future generations of students and researchers. Anyone can leave a legacy, and any gift, large or small, will make a real difference to the College in its mission to be a force for good in society.
A legacy left to Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çcan reduce your UK inheritance tax liability, and as a Registered Charity your bequest to Âé¶¹ËÞÉáµçÊÓ¾çwill be tax-exempt. The College recognises and thanks all legators by inviting them to join The Morrison Society.
The College invests the legacy gifts it receives to generate more reliable income: this allows us to plan ahead, boosts our financial security, and helps us invest in our people today and for future generations.
Read more in our legacy brochure.